Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Our planned trip to Squamish this weekend has forecasted rain all weekend. Are there any trails that typically handle the rain well and should be ok to still ride? Overall, we're not looking to hit really gnarly, technical stuff anyway, hoping to still find some more XC oriented with good views and hopefully we can still find some stuff to ride since we'll probably never make it back up there. Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
It is Squamish, it rains all the time. All the trails handle rain well. Personally though I would recommend avoiding the flo-trails if it is wet. In the wet they just aren't as fun. The good news is the rocks and roots actually offer really good grip in the rain. Maybe avoid the really big slabs, but everything else should be great.

I ride my XC bike there a lot. This a great loop for an XC bike. I actually did a year ago today in massive rain storm.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1876367769

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Welcome to Coastal BC! Unless someone specifically says otherwise you can ride any trail in the rain. We ride all winter here and it's moist most of the time. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts