Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A guy that rides around here is an R&D consultant for Yeti, does prototype linkages and stuff. He was out yesterday "just trying out something new for the EWS team". He got distracted by my dog, and I was able to sneak a few spy shots. Sure looks like the 76 is in the works! I posted the pics on my website...
spyshotl

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Alright Yeti, we're ready for another bike release. Just bring it, mmkay?

sb76/sb77

• 150-170mm Switch suspension
• Full carbon frame and swingarm in S, M, L & XL sizes
• Single-chain-ring-only design
• Internal routing
• 27.5" wheels, with carbon ENVE option
• RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air160mm fork
• RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair or Vivid Air RC2 shock (Or Fox Float X) as only options

So, when do you think it'll be ready? ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Does anybody actually ever buy the bike with the ENVE wheel option? My lbs has never sold a SCB $10K bike with ENVE's and they are a pretty big dealer. Seems the $6K/WTB option is what's selling.
Not this guy; I just copied and pasted directly (mostly) from the new Nomad site.

·
Member of The Yeti Tribe
704 Posts
A guy that rides around here is an R&D consultant for Yeti, does prototype linkages and stuff. He was out yesterday "just trying out something new for the EWS team". He got distracted by my dog, and I was able to sneak a few spy shots. Sure looks like the 76 is in the works! I posted the pics on my website...
spyshotl
I am assuming that you know that there is a guy in our area that really does the R&D for Yeti right? Haha I really want to buy him a beer and see if I can get anything out if him other than "soon".. I am dying to get on the new bike since I sold my SB66..

A buddy of mine bought that guys custom yeti bmx frame, who's serial number is his name since it was his personal bike.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Member of The Yeti Tribe
704 Posts
Does anybody actually ever buy the bike with the ENVE wheel option? My lbs has never sold a SCB $10K bike with ENVE's and they are a pretty big dealer. Seems the $6K/WTB option is what's selling.
The thing with the enve wheels is that the upgrade cost isn't worth it for a shop. For the price you pay for the upgrade, you can buy enve hoops and the hubs of choice for less than the upgrade cost they charge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alright Yeti, we're ready for another bike release. Just bring it, mmkay?

sb76/sb77

• 150-170mm Switch suspension
• Full carbon frame and swingarm in S, M, L & XL sizes
• Single-chain-ring-only design
• Internal routing
• 27.5" wheels, with carbon ENVE optioni
• RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air160mm fork
• RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair or Vivid Air RC2 shock (Or Fox Float X) as only options

So, when do you think it'll be ready? ;)
This seems like a very logical bike for Yeti. Some Stans arch rims laced up to DT swiss hubs would make a nice e high end wheel set as well as the enve option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.