Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm expecting mine in a week and just want to see same how many people are complaining about their suspension, how many are happy and didn't need to send their forks back.
Have had my Spur for 1 year next week and I have had 0 suspension issues. Been an amazing bike. Only regret is I should have got a small instead of a medium.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess it depends what qualifies as issues. Had mine for a year and around 800 miles. Zero issues with the fork. The SID shock seems to leak oil like it's its job, but the consensus seems to be that's normal. I haven't noticed any deterioration in performance. Fork and shock have been serviced once.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’m on my Spur since March 2021.
Almost 700 miles.
Front and Rear are the SID Ultimate.
So far no issues.
Yes, the rear shock was leaking oil for the first 500 miles approx and then stopped. But zero impact on the performance of the rear shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Had mine since October 2020 and no issues either end. Sidluxe did leak a bit to start but has now stopped and still feels great. Fork is awesome. LBS has sold around half a dozen Spurs and only one has had an issue, bushing play on a Sid fork but it was from an early batch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, I'm curious to know your height? I'm 5'6" and usually ride size smalls but Transition also has me in a medium per their size chart.
I'm same height as you and my 2 previous bikes 2016 Yeti ARC and 2017 ASRc were both mediums and fit me perfect. The medium Spur is not bad at all but not perfect. I put a 35mm stem on it and that helped and going down hill it is very confidence inspiring but on flat fast corners is where I'm having trouble. On my previous bikes I could get the bikes to drift much easier than the Spur and I'm pretty sure it is the size. I also find that with the short stem I really have to remember to weigh the front wheel in the corners or I start to wash out. Putting the short stem on 100% helped getting the back end up and over technical climbs and obstacles and I can clear anything just as well as I did on my previous bikes and I the Spur on the steeps beats both my previous bikes out by leaps and bounds. I think If I got the small I could corner better and the bike would have been absolutely perfect for me. One of the reasons I picked the medium was for resale value but OI should not have let that influence my choice on size.
The funny thing is that the bike does not feel big at all to me. I even have my seat almost all the way back(about to experiment with slamming forward to see if it helps with weighing the front wheel in corners) and the bike feels perfect everywhere except those tight flat corners.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.