Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here involved with this program? I have a 9 year old with a new mtb chomping at the bit to join. No new info on the valley mtb and hiker site. Mainly just want to know if it's still on for this year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are two mountain bike programs for 9 year olds at Spring Creek Farm in Palmer with Trailside Discovery Camp.

They are:

Venture Bound: 5 day, day camp, multi-sport camp that hikes, bikes, canoes, and kayaks and hikes each of the five days. June 23-27, 9a-4p, $195

Mountain Bike Mania: 5 day, day camp, mountain biking only, progressive, travels the trails of SCF and Kepler-Bradley. August 4-8, 9a-4p, $195

There's also overnight camping/biking trips to Eklutna and more sessions of Mountain Bike Mania based out of our location at Campbell Creek Science Center. We'll have a table at the bike swap if you want more info or pm me or check out News & Updates - Alaska Center for the Environment : Alaska Center for the Environment

Disclaimer: I work for Trailside Discovery Camp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sprockidz would be perfect for your 9 year old. They've got trained mountain bike coaches and groups set up for all skill levels.

The program is managed my Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers, and the kids learn about bike skills, the local trails, and how to maintain the trails for future use. It's $75 for the summer (that includes $50 VMBAH membership and sprockidz fee).

Here's the link to the signup page. You can signup and pay dues right on the page: Sprockidz | Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers

Good luck! The program has grown in to a real gem in the valley.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. They have their page up now and I signed him up. Sadly the trail side camps don't fit into our summer plans. But sprocket kidz should be perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts