Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes, there are ring protectors to enable you to keep all 3 rings. Salsa, Blackspire plus others make them in 4 or 5 bolt configurations.
cdub said:
i keep bashing my big ring and its getting chewed up. can i protect it while still keeping all 3 rings? Thanks

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked and was a little confused which models were for all three rings. does anybody know what models suit this category?

G

·
cdub said:
i looked and was a little confused which models were for all three rings. does anybody know what models suit this category?
I'm also interested in one of these. I ended up on bikeparts.com. The blackspire versions are identified in the name. For instance, "Ring God outer bash guard". I'm not sure about the other brands.

by the way, can anyone provide the pros/cons of running one of these guards? I don't see a lot of them, but every time I smash my chainring on a log I think i gotta get one. Is there a reason not to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.