Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring has sprung, and the riding was fun(g)

Steve's newly modified Gunnar, converted to SS

New Dropouts

King Kog

Now for the ride.....

Clearly beautiful

Daily Devotional

Field repair class, Today's lesson, "How to make a rimstrip out of a tube"

Steve falls

Freaky Friday

Cathedral

Too fast

Ted (Bundy)

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spring has sprung, and the riding was fun(g)

Peek-a-boo

Captain Singletrack

green

push

full force

Boy Scout Bridge

Boy Scout Bridge pt.2

narrow passage

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Fantastic! I love riding trails where you can here the water running nearby. Not that I know anything about that here in the desert.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Redmon said:
Fantastic! I love riding trails where you can here the water running nearby. Not that I know anything about that here in the desert.
Come on up, Redmon!

We are having several events in the Oakridge-Westfir area this summer. I will be posting details soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Excuse me...

Pardon me for interrupting, but where exactly is this and how do I get there from the Los Angeles region? Just the general name of the vicinity and name of the trail will suffice.
Thank you.
By the way,
Sweet, sweet, pics. :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
North on I-5. Wait for the mile posts to reset. Right at exit 188. Stop at the "Trailhead" and ask "where are the trails?"

There are 2-4 different trails pictured. Maybe 40-50 miles of the 600+ miles of singletrack in the area.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Those aren't real photos! These guys are always staging stuff in their buddies backyard. Places that incredible don't really exist! Heh, heh....

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
C'mon, what's with all this walking? I'd ride down those stairs in a heartbeat!
Ridable? Yes.

Advisable? No.

Steeper than it looks (as usual). You still have make the turn at the bottom. Brakes do not work well on the wood and tend to round off the steps (not cheap or easy to replace and we want to keep the trail open to bikes). Bars can get hooked under the railing

The flight off the bridge funnels you into the narrow rock gap. Slick and uphill (last pic).

Plus you can not enjoy the view of the creek :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.