Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking my new frame up tommorow fingers crossed with a dhx coil shock. I dont know what size spring will be on it. But what size are you guys using?
I dont know my weight with all my gear on, but its safe to say in excess of 180lbs.
So if you guys would so kind to post your weight and spring size it should give me a decent indicator of what I should need. Many thanks in advance.Pete

G

·
Hi Pete-G,

I use a 350 lb spring on my DHX5 shock on my Heckler. I weigh about 175 with gear on. I would say that it puts my suspension on the softer side, as compared to a firmer one. I also have a 300 lb spring that I initially experimented with that came with the shock, but found it too light for me.

(By the way, anyone care to trade their good condition 400 lb spring for my new 300 lb spring?)

idig2000

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
I weigh about 195lb. and run a 450lb. spring. I tried a 400lb. & bottomed w/ the DHX's BO cranked all the way up - damn that Hecklers falling rate rear suspension:madman:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Stock spring rates vary with Frame size - meaning SC predicts weight of an average rider for each frame size and equips frames accordingly. Look it up here.

If you are out of their norms, you should change the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.