Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
hispanic mechanic
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howzabout we organize a little shindig in May? I'm thinkin' since last year's was up L.A. way, we could do a Sandy Eggo version this year! I'm thinking Big Laguna/Noble Canyon. Camping areas very close by (pretty much right off of the trail) might make for a whole weekend of frolicking in the woods. There are trails for all levels of riders, and it'd be easy to do 3 or 4 different ability/fitness level rides, starting and finishing in the same place. What does everyone think of that?
I'd love to do it the weekend of the 7th & 8th, but I know that's Mother's Day, so the second choice would be the 14th & 15th.

the los

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Yep

Roger that. Sounds fun either weekend.

JMH

sslos said:
Howzabout we organize a little shindig in May? I'm thinkin' since last year's was up L.A. way, we could do a Sandy Eggo version this year! I'm thinking Big Laguna/Noble Canyon. Camping areas very close by (pretty much right off of the trail) might make for a whole weekend of frolicking in the woods. There are trails for all levels of riders, and it'd be easy to do 3 or 4 different ability/fitness level rides, starting and finishing in the same place. What does everyone think of that?
I'd love to do it the weekend of the 7th & 8th, but I know that's Mother's Day, so the second choice would be the 14th & 15th.

the los

·
Registered
473 Posts
Padre said:
Good idea carlos.
Just make sure Noble is the 14th so 1x1girl and I can be there. I can't do Sunday's.
Sounds like a blast.
Let's get a good Noble blast in, then spec us some phenom Mexican food eh?
I have to ask, are you a Paster or such(can't do Sundays). Man it would be cool to go riding with my Paster but he doesn't even own a bike. Just asking, thanks.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I am there

Big Laguna would be excellent. There is a great 20ish plus miles available on top. We could head down Noble to the gate or beyond to kill ourselves. Or if peeps are staying the night, ride BLT Sat and Noble on Sun.

Sslos, are you going to ride Thurs night?. I will be wearing the red beard.

No cactus like Palm Canyon. And no Death March! :D

sslos said:

the los

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
neville said:
I have to ask, are you a Paster or such(can't do Sundays). Man it would be cool to go riding with my Paster but he doesn't even own a bike. Just asking, thanks.
Yes, sir. I am such.
I am taking off 1 Sunday for Sea Otter and 1 Sunday for a trip to Sedona this year...but those are vacation days....must be used sparingly!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
additional info(I hope)

http://mountainbikebill.com/LagunaRecArea.htm

sslos said:

the los

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Buy a Pastor a bike!

neville said:
The best way to get your Pastor to ride with you is to buy him a bike, or give him your old one. You may even score some points with the pastor's Big boss.

I'm in for the SD SS weekend if my wife will cut me loose.

·
hispanic mechanic
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No idea...

SlowSSer said:
waitafocingminute!

wasnt Rut et al trying to organize some sort of a SlowCalSingleSpeedSummit?
I hadn't seen anything on that subject, but I'd be more than happy to work with Andy on that.

the los

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Additional info (part 2)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=777417#poststop

Sat. could be Noble Canyon, 20ish miles. 10 up and then 10 down. Google it. it has been in all the rad rags at some point.
Sunday could be the BLT which is hilly on the south end and flat out to upper Noble.
20-25 miles.
If the peeps had Friday off then we could ride to Cuyamaca and see how the regrowth is doing after "Firestorm 2003". That is cool until you actually get to the area where people ride. Mostly fireroad. 20-35 miles.
Then there is the Pioneer Mail Trail.
Or there is the Perfect Cyling Trail.

JMac47 said:
What are we talkin here? Milage, terrain, scenery etc.? Any chance a Norcal'r could join in the frukus? :confused: :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.