Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fliernh
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am up here in the Great White North of New Hampshire and while I have my studded tires on and will continue to ride some, I was thinking of taking a trip down to N/S Carolina in the spring to jump start my warm weather riding. We go from frozen to "mud season" sometime between April and end of May and things are pretty much unrideable up here for those two months.

When does warm (60+ degrees) and dry trail riding begin for you folks in the Carolinas? Looking at Dupont, Pisgah, etc. as possible destinations.

Any thoughts on timing (or locations) will be very much appreciated. Thanks much.

Mark

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's been uncharacteristicly wet and cold this winter but we should get back to normal in Feb. or March. By March we normally start getting some nice weather with 60+ degree temps and not so wet.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Starting in early April we have good 60+ days on a more consistent basis. But it rains a lot in spring. It's usually muddy but still OK to ride for the most part. Things don't really get dry until the trees leaf out in May. And even then it rains alot. It just dries faster when the trees can suck up the water.

·
fliernh
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would stay in Ashville and ride Pisgah in early April. What are some simple but clean/comfortable places to stay and other suggestions for a 4 day visit to ride. I know that the weather this winter has been a bit whacked but I will plan the trip and duck out if it looks wet the week before.

How long does it take to get to good riding (intermediate xc) from Ashville? Any other input will be greatly appreciated. Plus, I promise to try to keep the rest of the snow up here in New England.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.