Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

i have a m6 with a revox, and i have been running it with the stock 350 pound spring.
i weigh 65 kgs or 143 pounds, and its too firm for racing, i have had the bike for a year and only ride it on occasion, and i havent really been fussed, but now i want to use the bike more.
TF tuned recommends i should be running a 200 (216) pound spring, does thgis sound right?? Sounds like a big drop?
what do you guys put there recommend?? What are you using?

and also the m6, takes a 3.5 stroke spring, which is not to common, it is possible to runner a shorter 3.0, 3.25 spring instead? Would you get coil bind on a shorter ti spring?

Cheers

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
I had a small M6 last year an I ran a 250 pound ti spring from manitou on my revox. I weigh about 145-150 with riding gear and the spring was good for the most part, sometimes I wish the shock ramped up more but oh well. Also I had my rear shock redone with a shim stack and got rid of the spv platform. Do not go with a shorter spring you will get coil bined. There are springs out there in ti or steel to fit that shock from the manifacture. The bike has a 2.6 to 1 leverage ratio which I am sure tf tunes web site took into acount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.