Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just curious to see if anyone is running a RS Vivid on their HD. What are your spring rates? I am 195 with gear and have a 400# spring. I have not gotten a real ride on it yet but it feels under sprung just riding it on the street. I have about 30% sag with two turns of preload on the spring. According to the TF spring calculator I should be running a 410# spring.

Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like a softer set up.190 lb with gear, 350# steel spring. I haven't actually checked sag. I started with a 450, but wasn't getting anywhere near full travel. I don't do many large jumps or drops. Mostly fast descending where traction is a priority.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
210lbs with gear running a 500 spring.
I'll be giving a 550 a shot soon. I tend to bottom it a little too easy for my taste, and I've been getting airborn a little more lately.
Shock has the Push tune.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
210lbs with gear running a 500 spring.
I'll be giving a 550 a shot soon. I tend to bottom it a little too easy for my taste, and I've been getting airborn a little more lately.
Shock has the Push tune.
D-Bug, How many clicks of ending stroke rebound is this shock supposed to have? right now I get three clicks. rode it at demo and found myself getting buck on some of the faster bumps on the top of coral, turned the ending stroke rebound to the slowest (all the way in) and was still getting bucked. Then turned the red rebound knob a few clicks in but it felt like it was packing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
D-Bug, How many clicks of ending stroke rebound is this shock supposed to have? right now I get three clicks. rode it at demo and found myself getting buck on some of the faster bumps on the top of coral, turned the ending stroke rebound to the slowest (all the way in) and was still getting bucked. Then turned the red rebound knob a few clicks in but it felt like it was packing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
The ending stroke rebound is the red knob, I believe. Mine has about 10 clicks, I think.
The high speed rebound is the silver adjustment near the reservoir, mine has 1.5 turns.
I'm currently running the high speed all the way open (turned counter clockwise), and the ending one about 5 clicks from full slow (counter clockwise). I have the PUSH tune on it, so my internals may be different than yours.

I was running my rebound fairly slow, and the shock felt harsh, once I opened up the high speed it turned into a much smoother shock. I don't have any bucking on mine even at fastest rebound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.