Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a medium El-Guapo and I just ordered a DHX 5.0 to replace the RP23 (actually I will probably switch back and forth between the two depending on my riding). The DHX is coming with a 300 lbs spring on it and I weigh just under 200 pounds. If it matters, I am running a Lyric Solo Air on the front (which I love incidently). I got this shock mainly for freeriding, jumping and downhill riding but will be doing a little bit of climbing with it as well. Anyone have a ballpark of what spring rate I should be looking for to replace the 300 that it is coming with?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
162 Posts
snmhanson said:
I have a medium El-Guapo and I just ordered a DHX 5.0 to replace the RP23 (actually I will probably switch back and forth between the two depending on my riding). The DHX is coming with a 300 lbs spring on it and I weigh just under 200 pounds. If it matters, I am running a Lyric Solo Air on the front (which I love incidently). I got this shock mainly for freeriding, jumping and downhill riding but will be doing a little bit of climbing with it as well. Anyone have a ballpark of what spring rate I should be looking for to replace the 300 that it is coming with?

Thanks,

Matt
At just around 200 +/- 10 (I don't really know cause I don't like scales) I run a 450lb spring on my Guapo with a DHX 5 and I use a 400lb spring on a double barrel.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with the 450, or maybe a 400 since I am planning on losing a few pounds before next season :)

Matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am about the same weight - 190-200 lbs with equipment and I run my El Guapo with a 400lbs spring on the DHX 5. They sent me the shock with a firmer spring - 450 lbs from TFT/that is the European company, authorized by Push/ but the bike feels much better with the lighter spring with exactly 35% sag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.