Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics taken from several recent rides, both in the bay area (Briones) as well as a couple of rides this week around Reno. I've never seen as many poppies up in Briones as we have had this spring, along with that vivid green grass that unfortunately is already starting to brown up. Reno looks pretty dry, they hardly got any precip in the recent storms. Enjoy!

woody....in Briones

Briones, looking towards Mt Diablo...

Tons of poppies...

Lots for these guys to do...

I had just descended this, glad I turned around!

Trailside creek SW of Reno...this is very low for this time of year...

View looking west from Reno Jones Creek trail, Slide Mtn on left, Mt Rose on right. Not a lot of snow cover...

View east toward Reno, riding on Peavine mtn...

Downtown Reno....

Peavine peak...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Very nice!

Do you carry said point n shoot often on rides? And if so, any recommendations on brand/model/features? Id like to get something better the phone camera to carry with on rides...

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am one of those guys that feels naked without a camera. I always have something when I'm riding. There are tons of great cameras out there, it partly depends on how much control you want to have over your pics, how much reach, etc...also do you want something tiny or a little bigger. I tend to use the higher end point and shoot cameras made by nikon or canon. For canon that means the 'g' series. My current camera (the one that took all of the above pics) is a nikon p7700 which I really like. These aren't the smallest, but they have good manual controls and take excellent images. I also shoot raw images which not everyone likes to bother with, but it gives much better ability to manipulate shots in post processing. For most people I'd recommend something like the canon s110/s120. Small but they take really good pics.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice shots. I also noticed the crazy poppy bloom this year; the last 2 or 3 weeks especially (at least here in the Oakland/Hayward Hills) they've been out of control, sometimes entire (small) drainages covered in orange.

Crappy iphone pic. Need to bring my point and shoot more often...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.