Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
forkboy said:
Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way.
funny, no shadow here either. of course i think our groundhog froze to death as he came out of his lair so that might account for part of it.

rt

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*rt* said:
funny, no shadow here either. of course i think our groundhog froze to death as he came out of his lair so that might account for part of it.

rt
Hmmm... yeah - I'd have to check the Official Groundhog Day bylaws to determine what a dead groundhog signifies.

Apocalypse? Armageddon? Second Coming? Extra week of winter? I'm going to run out of creamer for my coffee?

Not sure on that one.

Could really be anything...

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I look outside on a sunnyday such as this one, I yearn for the spring. I can almost feel it, even, as I sit at my computer. But, When I step outside, here in Detroit, on this -2 degree day, I know that spring is not in the air. :nono: No spring in sight. And I miss it so. I have great plans for spring- new bike, new truck, paint business picking back up...
I wish it was spring and that groundhog can go to you know where!

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
-15 thats intense, it was 65 yesterday! and it was wonderful, unfortunatly i was stuck inside working, and not biking >:mad: o well, seems like springs is coming early, sadly it means theres been a horrible ski season :(

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
forkboy said:
Hmmm... yeah - I'd have to check the Official Groundhog Day bylaws to determine what a dead groundhog signifies.

Apocalypse? Armageddon? Second Coming? Extra week of winter? I'm going to run out of creamer for my coffee?

Not sure on that one.

Could really be anything...
could mean that you have the potential to piss someone off. ;)

rt

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Phil better not be yanking my chain or it won't be beef that is for dinner!! :p

I am soooooo ready for the warm weather and hopefully will have some riding time in. So far, between bad weather, conflicts in schedule, being sick and having sick kids; I have gotten no outside riding in yet this year and it is such a pisser. Heck, my cat even knocked my Hardrock over and the cycle computer came off which my two dogs decided to have for dinner. Talk about pissed, finding my cycle computer in itty bitty pieces. Dumb dogs!

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
laughing with you not at you

Lawson Raider said:
Phil better not be yanking my chain or it won't be beef that is for dinner!! :p
... Heck, my cat even knocked my Hardrock over and the cycle computer came off which my two dogs decided to have for dinner. Talk about pissed, finding my cycle computer in itty bitty pieces. Dumb dogs!
hehe. my dog did that to a couple tv remotes and a cell phone. i've come to the conclusion that she just needs a certain amount of plastic in her diet to keep her digestive tract healthy. :rolleyes:

rt

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*rt* said:
what the h3ll is a whistlepig anyway? have you been reading the thesaurus again?

rt
Close - Wikipedia

The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as the woodchuck or whistlepig, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots.

·
clyde in training
1,917 Posts
I don't know about the east being mild, at least not in my area. We have gotten over two feet in the last couple days, and every day for the last week has been in the negatives fahrenheit. I went hiking on saturday, and it was negative 40, 72 degrees below freezing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.