Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a friend who wants an old mountain bike fork I have. It's basically a cool looking pogo stick as there is no dampening.

I clean it up to discover one leg is basically empty and had nothing but water in it.
The other leg has a spring in the top, and I have a spring sitting in a box that looks like it might be long enough for the bottom leg. The lower spring would go over an aluminum shaft that screws into the bottom foot nut. I'm not really sure the spring is for the fork though it might be from something else.

I am aware that it is a piece of garbage but I kept it for alternative uses as it is highly adjustable.

Anyways, any chance anyone has seen one of these and can confirm the spring is only in one leg? I don't know how to take off the top caps without damaging it as they are not conventional.

Tool Foot Steel Python Hand tool

Metal Brass Steel Cylinder Nut

Automotive exhaust Pipe Cylinder Muffler Plastic

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I can’t help you with this particular fork. I will say years ago I read about a guy playing around w/ a trashed low end fork only to have it suffer a catastrophic failure. When all was said and done he had a $2k dollar dental bill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.