Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember me? The tall guy from california with the black accord and the superlight?

I think ill keep up better next year. :D

its amazing going from 4" to 8" of travel. The bike is an 06 giant faith 3 i got from performance, marked down from $2200 to $1400 ... hopefully ill be there next year keepin up better ... i got a $130 rebate too for getting it and plan to get some cool gear like body armor

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
Might want to drop that seat before you hit Somo, or you just might neuter yourself....nice bike
Preach it brotha!

Your gonna have fun on that Faith. Or any Giant. Just teasin, but I am a Giant guy... anyways, theres a great downhill spot off DC that someone should show you. I will snap some pictures next time I go that way. You will need to walk your bike up it... at that geometry, theres no way you could climb it.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
The downhill off of Desert Classic that he is talking about is called Telegraph Pass and it is pretty hairy. It is on the west end of the trail. If you are a bad dude climb up the national trail and and ride national all the way west across the top of SOMO and head down Telegraph pass. Then head back east on DC to the trailhead. Oddly enough, I have seen many people on more freeride oriented bikes complete this loop. Watch out for hikers though. Telegraph Pass is usually a no go on the weekends because of all the people hiking up.

Oh yeah, take the advice and shorten that seat before you take out your nads.

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
The downhill off of Desert Classic that he is talking about is called Telegraph Pass and it is pretty hairy. It is on the west end of the trail. If you are a bad dude climb up the national trail and and ride national all the way west across the top of SOMO and head down Telegraph pass. Then head back east on DC to the trailhead. Oddly enough, I have seen many people on more freeride oriented bikes complete this loop. Watch out for hikers though. Telegraph Pass is usually a no go on the weekends because of all the people hiking up.

Oh yeah, take the advice and shorten that seat before you take out your nads.
No its not. If your coming from Ahwatukee, its the second turn that can go to the Heli pad. Tele is wayy on the other side of where im talking about. I will snap a picture sometime...

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Oh okay, I know which trail you are talking about. I stupidly tried to climb that once. About halfway up I decided that I didn't want to push my bike any further and headed back. I forget its name though. Definitely crazy stuff. I think you can access it from the National trail if you take the paved road up from the north side. There is a trail that leads off in that direction that I always assumed was it.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
I think you guys are confusing the direct downhill from the helicopter pad to DC with Corona Loma. The direct downhill from the heli pad (not the Highline Trail, which goes east along the ridge) is on the south side of DC and is a bit loose and sketchy in spots, but nothing like Telegraph or Corona Loma. Corona Loma goes up from (or ends at, if you're coming down) the saddle of the "Secret Trail", aka the Black Rock trail, which is the loop north of DC somewhat west of the water towers. I have not been down Corona Loma, and don't think that anybody does these days, but have heard it's a horror show of steep, very loose switchbacks. It connects with National just west and south of the BV parking lot (I think).

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn northern claifornia rain ... i still havent gotten to ride this thing on the trails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.