Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
it seems it never rains in southern California......

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
East coast takin up the slack...winter feels like it will not let up....been riding all winter though.

·
9 lives
15,940 Posts
Still looks and feels like winter here in Ontario. :( The snow and ice is slowwly melting and we try to squeeze a ride in... my local bike park might open by at least May 24 :)

in the meantime

1959662_473053136157033_34789802_n.jpg 1383364_473052769490403_364686513_n.jpg

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almanac calling for frost up into May....now if we can get mother nature to toss us a bone...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Was riding Jeizinen last weekend. One of the first places to be snow free for lift access DH trails. Riding some of the steepest and technically challenging terrain for the first runs of the season are always nerve wreaking.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lift season wont start here till May.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What we call "lift season" here won't start untill June when the upper lifts open. However when have many lifts and cable cars that provide access to villages and have to run 365.
These are mid station (as the typical ski resort lifts start at the upper village) runs but you can still have up to 13+ KM of natural single track all pointing DH. More of these mid station runs should be opening up thanks to the last two weeks of early summer type weather. I'm stoked for sure.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
What we call "lift season" here won't start untill June when the upper lifts open. However when have many lifts and cable cars that provide access to villages and have to run 365.
These are mid station (as the typical ski resort lifts start at the upper village) runs but you can still have up to 13+ KM of natural single track all pointing DH. More of these mid station runs should be opening up thanks to the last two weeks of early summer type weather. I'm stoked for sure.
not necessarly, 3 parks open Easter weekend in 4 weeks

Snow Summit | Big Bear Bike Park Announce Easter Weekend Opening

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We finally made it to Spring...it'z all down hill from here!!!!

·
9 lives
15,940 Posts
We had a thaw late last week (temps around +10c to 18c) Then it turned freezing cold on the weekend, turning every trail into ice! Every climb and descent on double track was treacherous... but I suppose it's a good skill building exercise :)

DSC03655_zpsc1cc014e.jpg

Once the snow and ice melts then the ground frost thaws and we'll be into mud/soup season :)

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
We had a thaw late last week (temps around +10c to 18c) Then it turned freezing cold on the weekend, turning every trail into ice! Every climb and descent on double track was treacherous... but I suppose it's a good skill building exercise :)

Once the snow and ice melts then the ground frost thaws and we'll be into mud/soup season :)
yeah it was chilly in socal...wore my my regular short sleeve instead of mesh...it was slighly under 70 degrees in Socal......expecting 80's this week, so back to mesh jersey

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here in NC we have been through the sleet, ice, snow, mushy thaw, back through the sleet, ice, snow.....blah, blah...broken record here. Low 70's over the wkend & calling for snow tomorrow!?!?

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
Boo! It was 8F here this morning... I envy your weather :)
time for road trip to Shivers Club ride.oit's always warm in SoCal...bring your man and hang with me and the wife.....tons of drinking and riding

1 - 20 of 22 Posts