Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, here's a little video I've made - it's been a wee labor of love the last month or so. I guess it's about the Spring wildflowers, magpies and mountain biking... or it could just be about a mid 40's guy having an immensely enjoyable mid life crisis.

Humor a hippie and watch it. If you think the video sucks, then close your eyes and just enjoy the music - Old Pine by Ben Howard - it's groovy music! :)

best in 720p/fullscreen

·
Registered
97 Posts
Excellent video and that looks like a very nice trail to ride. :thumbsup:

It makes me what to go ride in the worst way...problem is I'm stuck at work and with too much rain here in NJ lately makes me... :sad:.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it!

I know it's only a little video and nothing amazing in the scheme of things - so much GREAT mtb video around - but definitely put some heart and soul into it, and hope it communicates the sense of freedom and fun you get out on the trails.

Plummit, shot it with a GH2. It's sort of like a mini DSLR, can't control depth of field as finely due to the small sensor but overall it's a very flexible video camera, along with stills. It's my first video with the GH2 so there was a lot of learning and stuff ups... actually think I shot the whole thing in the wrong mode, or at least not the optimum mode, DOH! :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ride

Nice one :thumbsup: and great riding. Central and NE Vic are sensational riding locations...

I am your demographic and live in the Blue Mountains. If you ever venture here, bring your bike and send me a PM. We have a good range of trails, and its always good to go with a local.

All the best,

the Beerhunter

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really enjoyed this video. It was peaceful and smooth, and made me crave some flowing singletrack riding solo. Very beautiful camera shots. Each one of them could have stood on it's own as a still shot.
Thanks for the passion.

·
Bike Geek
192 Posts
Very nicely done - you're making the most of the capabilities of that GH2. Great editing, too. :thumbsup:

Nice to have a camera assistant. I've done some short videos by myself with only 4-5 angles and for very little footage there's a ton of setup and running around. How many shots were solo with you riding back and forth from the camera and how many were with your assistant?

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Fantastic! Castlemaine and surrounds is my favourite riding area in Victoria. Just have to get out there a bit more often...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.