Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my buddy Rockcrawler53 took a trip from San Jose, CA out to Moab Utah for some great riding. We left early on a friday morning, and got up to Auburn around 11ish, and saddled up for a ride. We pretty much took the route of a MTBR group ride that happened there a few weeks before. We were treated to some perfect weather, and beautiful scenery. Rockcrawler had a nice looking endo while on the Connector trail, just barley missing a tree on the way down. Then we sortof got lost and took some trails in the OHV area, but with our GPS system we finally found our way back to the trail. After the ride we packed everything back up and started to head out to Reno where we were staying the night, our trip was put on hold for a while due to a SUV losing control and flipping over about 400ft in front of us. We were the first ones to the vehicle, but a bloody nose was probably the worst injury (Gotta love seatbelts & airbags).

Saturday we took the long drive down 80 to SLC, stopping whenever we felt like and takin tons of pics, and Sunday we spent the day meeting up with friends, and cruisin around Provo Canyon, and a few other places in Utah.

Monday we spent most of the day either driving to Moab, or hiking around Arches National Park. I've never been there, but the park is awsome. We shots tons of pictures, and got some cool video clips as well.

Tues morning I woke up early cause I was so excited to go riding, before I looked out the window I could hear cars splashing through water on the road, and I could hear the rain on the hotel window. :mad: Luckily, the weather gods decided that the trails needed to be ridden on today, so it stopped raining, and we were riding the famous Slickrock trail by early afternoon. Rockcrawler then had the nastiest fall of the trip, he didn't see a little dropoff and went flying over the handlebars, landing on slickrock. Scrapped up elbows, knees, ankle, and what we though was a broken toe, which luckily was only a very badly bruised toe. But like the trooper he is, we finished out the ride, went back to the hotel, showered, and got some mexican food for dinner. After dinner we drove up one of the canyons and did some 4 wheelin in his jeep, and were treated to the sun breaking through the clouds at sunset, casting a perfect orangish red glow on the canyon we were driving through.

Wed we rode on the Porcupine Rim trail. Rockcrawler, now with cuts and bruises all over, and now with a full blown cold, decides he is gonna ride anyway even though its butt cold outside, and there is snow on the ground as well. We ride the uphill slow, taking our time and enjoying the views. When we got to the top of the climb, we rode over to the overlook, and had a little lunch break. It was amazing to see partly cloudy skies over the Colorado River below us on our left, while watching it snow on the La Salle mountains to our right. We then hooked up the video camera, and started down the trail. We were jumpin off ledges, having a blast on the downhill, until we came to the biggest ledge on the trail. Rockcrawler didn't want to try it, so we took the video camera out, put it on the ground and my buddy grabbed my camera and took shots while I hit it. I was a little slanted when I went off it the first time, and I soon found out if you go off a ledge leaning, you're going to land leaning. Which I did and found myself sliding to a stop, almost hitting the video camera on the ground! So I got up, did a little inventory making sure everything works, (on me and the bike) and went off it the second time and landed it. The rest of the ride was spent riding different obstacles, taking pictures and enjoying our surroundings.

Wed nite we drove up to Fruita, and thursday we spent the day driving up in the Colorado National Monument, then drove north from Fruita and came back into Utah in the middle of the state. Friday morning we decided to try to ride Butterfield Canyon near Riverton, UT, but got about 6 miles in before the snow was getting to deep for us. ATV tracks are fun to ride in in the snow, but hitting powder at about 15mph, will make some very cool looking crashes. I went OTB at least twice, and had a bunch of sideways falls as well, just having a blast.

We then spent friday afternoon, and all day saturday hanging out with friends, and then took the long 14 hour drive home sunday down hwy 50. Overall except the few big crashes, we had no mechanicals, no major problems whatsoever. Now, for the pictures :D

I Hope I got them in the ride order.
1: Me looking out over the river from the Foresthill Bridge.

Attachments

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's more
1: Me goin down a rock in Auburn
2: Me goin down another rock on the Slickrock Trail
3: Me on one of the climbs on Slickrock. My tires were giving me excellent traction that day :D

4: Us on a mesa taking a break from 4 wheelin
5: Rockcrawler on the Porcupine climb

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
We had an awesome trip

Yup, I must say that was a GREAT trip we did bro. Even though my toe still hurts, it was worth it. Being sick the entire week wasn't that pleasent. If i wasn't sick we could have done at least another ride in moab or fruita. Oh well that just makes for another trip out there someday. Thanx for the adventure jorge. Ya'll go out and ride now alright!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.