Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got my spring break from April 6th through April 15. Where will it be warm enough and where would be fun to get away for a week biking? Moab is always top on my list although I know it will be a bit chilly still, Pisgah SF in NC is always a good choice. Where else would be good. I wouldn't mind flying or driving a bit.

Ryan H.

·
Prez NMBA
719 Posts
the St George UT area is a good option, cheap flights into Las Vegas then an easy drive up. We did that end of March /beg April last spring. Jem, gooseberry, etc, lots of great riding in the area and you could go check out Zion NP on an off day if you need one

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
San diego/Southern Cal
Is there a lot of riding to keep me busy for a week straight? When I do a trip like this I pretty much will ride 6 hours a day for most of the days. I'd love to see the San Diego area as well. What is the climate like in early April?

Ryan H.

·
Registered
552 Posts
One thing to check for moab is when the jeep safari is in town, I think it's usually the end mid april and from what I hear the place is an absolute madhouse during that week and weekends on both end. The place is busy enough in spring without that mess. In fact I just checked and it's march 31-april 8th. In fact I'd be willing to bet by this time camping/lodging during that time is already hard if not impossible to get, it's by far their biggest event of the year.

Grand junction, st. george, and gooseberry mesa are great spots as well. I don't think you could kill a week in gooseberry for sure, but a day or two probably. Zion is amazing though so if you get up that way definitely stop in there for some hiking. Grand Junction from my understanding is colder and can be really muddy in the spring long after moab is nice riding. I also think hitting N. Cali up in Marin would be a blast as well but I'm not familiar with their spring weather.

Weather in moab depends, but we used to go there for spring break in mid march and every time I went the weather was usually 55-75 during the day. A crappy day would be windy in the mid 40's but we've had very few of those. Though I heard last year they got hammered with cold weather during spring break, my buddies went to zion and were hiking on ice and snow so you never know. Mid april in moab would be more than warm enough to ride on average I'd bet. In fact I'd think by may it's getting too warm to ride out there mid day. We were out last august and it was 110+ in moab during the day. You made sure your riding was done by 11am unless it was up in the la sals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.