Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to Phoenix next week for Spring Break and wanted to get in a little riding. My parents live in Sun City (go figure) at around 107 Ave and Union Hills. I did some research in the VISITORS READ HERE FIRST thread and have narrowed it down to either the White Tanks or Estrella Mountain. Both seem to be reasonably close to where we are staying. Any other suggestions?

Just for reference, although I enjoy technical riding, Goat Camp at the White Tanks seems a little more than what I want to take on but I don't want to totally get into just spinning the flats. Thoughts from the local community?

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
chama said:
I am heading down to Phoenix next week for Spring Break and wanted to get in a little riding. My parents live in Sun City (go figure) at around 107 Ave and Union Hills. I did some research in the VISITORS READ HERE FIRST thread and have narrowed it down to either the White Tanks or Estrella Mountain. Both seem to be reasonably close to where we are staying. Any other suggestions?

Just for reference, although I enjoy technical riding, Goat Camp at the White Tanks seems a little more than what I want to take on but I don't want to totally get into just spinning the flats. Thoughts from the local community?
White tanks. If you re not interested in doing Goat Camp, ride Mesquite to Goat Camp, and follow Goat Camp under the towers to the final descent. You'll know when you get there, the trail will change quickly. Turn around and bomb the 7 miles you just climbed. It is a great ride with great views.

·
Registered
632 Posts
the new sonoran preserve trails in north valley. See thread for maps/gps and video.
also deem hills, but smaller than sonoran preserve. Both very worthy, not crowded, and easy to find in north valley.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have had fun reading through all the various threads on the different areas and it really opened my eyes to all the riding available in the Valley. Looks like I'll have to tell the family I may not be around for much of the break, too much to explore!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts