Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Im looking for a place to go for spring break. my GF and I want to head south (We are in MI) and do some MTBing. i really would like to stay on this side of the mississippi but were pretty much open to anything. What area has a few days worth of good technical XC trails? We will be going from march 1 - 10. Some place with some good sunny weather would be nice too....
Thanks folks.
Luke

·
Dirt Eater
301 Posts
that guy again said:
You could come here to central Florida. Bike in the morning and hit the beach in the afternoon for the sunset and some cocktails.

http://www.swampclub.org/
Yes, tons of Michigan people down here anyway, so you will blend right in. Theres tons of trails and the water should be warm enough for you at the beaches. Between Alafai, Santos, TOE (if you can find a member to ride with), and Razorback, there's tons of riding within one hour of Tampa.

Edit, and if you do come here, skip Clearwater. It gets tons of hype for nothing. Go further south to St. Pete and Pass-a-Grille. Also make sure to hit up Ft. Desoto State Park. AWESOME beaches and scenery. Theres also a kayaking trail through the mangroves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.