Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made it over Thursday night to a already occupied campground, occupied by Brandone and Brock that was. Then Sparticas and OneEyeTom showed up, followed shortly by Glowboy right around midnight. We all set up camp :) and chatted for a bit before heading to bed.

It sure is nice to wake up over on the east side, regardless if you are in a 30' trailer or not. The cool fresh air, smell of the woods and good friends are what I love about camping.

The plan for the day for myself and Lou was to work on the Dry Crack trail we found last spring and we were able to recruit Brandone, ML and SSConney for a full day of riding and working.

We worked some new lines and made the most of a awesome 75 degree day for close to 6 hours.

Here are the pics.

1: The Camp Host
2: Lou finalizing the line
3: ML Riding the line
4: SSConney Riding the line
5: Well, almost :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics

1: Lou showing us how it is done
2: Finishing it off
3: Not quite making it
4 & 5: Must be the saddle making him off balance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The last one's the best, though we do miss Kahlua's company on the trails. I remember when he was new to it, and I had to give him a few tire checks to educate him to doggy trail ettiquette. He did learn quickly, and went on to become a great trail companion. May he enjoy his retirement.

By the way General, he's not really going deaf, he's just ignoring you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding the Flinstone-rock seat, coolBeans! Wondering tho, I see a wet spot on it--where's DAT from??!! --sommOne Jus' Askin'

·
High Speed Botanist
191 Posts
Good pics...

Fun day in the sun. That area is so full of challenges, makes a normal "technical" trail seem a bit easier. It'll just keep getting better over the years. No wonder that dog lays around all day, and I thought he was just drinking water:)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mr. T on the way over...

So a carload, (Cazloco, Rockhound, Candy, and I) went over Friday and stoppped on the way over to BC to ride Mr. T, starting at the ranger station and going upriver ~7 miles until we encountered enough blowdown (4-5 significant clusters) that we didn't want to proceed further. The return trip was sweet!

Some pics follow;
1. Bikers don't mind
2. There be monsters in them woods
3. It's that big
4. McK River
5. Is this Paradise? - No that's downstream from here..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
More pics:
1. Rockhound approaches
2. Rock_Candy
3. Caz
4. How many more are there?
5. Bikes resting

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts