Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
You mean how there's inline pix now, like the geometry tables, and full pricing info?

The pricing seems a bit odd, tho. On the ordering page, the first 4 lines work out like this: frame 749, brakes 150, wheels 200, fork 226 = $1325. But the last line with all these together is $1549. Another $224 in convenience charges? Usually it's less the more you buy.

·
Motobecane Pilot
117 Posts
Longer ST

Inch longer seat tube on the L and two inch longer seat tube on the LX(XL). I wonder if this will change any of the orininal stand over height.
Cloxxki said:
@ ninerbikes.com

Nice change, if you ask me. Almost by enough to make me want one, size LX :)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merk's got it. Of course standover changes, but which 20.5" rider has ever hit his boys on a toptube? The odds that a blind horse wins the race is better.

I've made a whole study of the pricing table, and meant to email Niner before it'd be discovered by other eagle eyed forum members. Of course, the first part option gets the best discount, because there's a bit of room to discount the frame. Those brakes are a bit more expensive, and you can consider the frame like $100-125 cheaper, I think. For a second and third extra part option, the discounts can't stay as high, or you'd almost get that costly frame for free.
Still, all that taken in consideration, two second part options seem hardly worth buying, because the last option (brakes or wheels) turn out pretty expensive compared to not getting them. The Frame+Fork price is a killer deal though, deposit today before they change it!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it's S15.5-M16.5-L18.5-XL20.5 now with Niner.
Should sell them like 1000% more L's and XL's, but it were my game it'd have been 15.5-17.5-19.5-21.5.
With the EBB considered at it's lowest position for the indicated seattube length, 20.5" works out more like a 20" as far as I understand it.
Not the look Niner went for, but brands like VooDoo gains a lot of standover height by just lowering the toptube where it connects to the seattube.
Oh well, no Niner for me...

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Cloxxki said:
With the EBB considered at it's lowest position for the indicated seattube length, 20.5" works out more like a 20" as far as I understand it.
Not the look Niner went for, but brands like VooDoo gains a lot of standover height by just lowering the toptube where it connects to the seattube.
Oh well, no Niner for me...
Why would you want to run the ebb at the lowest position? Especially considering longer crank length?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're right, but that's not what I meant to explain. They just measure (BB drop 70mm) with the BB in the lowest position, meaning on average if you use the bike, the seattube is between 20.0 and 20.5". Especially with 180mm cranks, a no-go for me, while the toptube is as long as I'd ever use. I do own a 440+ Thudbuster but with such a heavy post, why buy a $$$ Scandium bike?
Is there an XL Niner in your future, Padre?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.