Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the verge of buying a new Spot ss 29er frame. Unfortunately I haven't seen the new frames in person. Has anyone seen one of the new frames? If so is the frame quality similar to the older Spot frames?

·
prefers the wide stance
147 Posts
saw one at Jans in Park City...nice quality. I don't know what sort of steel they use on the stock frames, but it was a good weight. downtube is not round in shape. with the belt drive, its one hot bike. they should have gone with carbon rigid up front in place of the manitou minute, imo

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can get both a US made and Taiwanese frame, and I'm sure there's a pretty big difference in quality. I ended up with the Taiwanese version in the Longboard I got 2 weeks ago. I really like the belt drive, did my first SS race on it yesterday. Size large as delivered was about 25.5 lbs. Pretty bike but heavy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
xbrian said:
saw one at Jans in Park City...nice quality. I don't know what sort of steel they use on the stock frames, but it was a good weight. downtube is not round in shape. with the belt drive, its one hot bike. they should have gone with carbon rigid up front in place of the manitou minute, imo
Saw the same bike while attending the IMBA summit.....schweet ride! You can't go wrong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.