Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these still available? Where? How much do they run? I've got some old m952 XTR cranks I'm thinking of throwing on my ss.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I think the Spot spiderless rings are tough to find, and from what I remember, not much of a savings over a Boone. I'd go with the Boone, or have your shop order you a spider for your cranks and run a standard ring. As far as I know, the 110/74mm 5-arm standard and the 104/64mm 4-arm campact are fairly easy to find for those cranks.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
Theres a guy on Ebay right now with Boone Rings (#180081127249) and I'm not him... but previously there was a guy on there before selling knock off Spot rings for XTR cranks - I had one and remember only paying like $45 for it with shipping, but I don't see his on there right now. But like Nater said you can also get a Shimano spider for those cranks that would change it to a std bolt pattern so you can use cheaper rings.

FF

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I have a spider and rings I

Fast Freddy said:
Theres a guy on Ebay right now with Boone Rings (#180081127249) and I'm not him... but previously there was a guy on there before selling knock off Spot rings for XTR cranks - I had one and remember only paying like $45 for it with shipping, but I don't see his on there right now. But like Nater said you can also get a Shimano spider for those cranks that would change it to a std bolt pattern so you can use cheaper rings.

FF
just wanted the spiderless look. Maybe at some point I'll go with a boone. While I"m at it I may as well get a boone cog too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.