Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Yup
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a L 5 Spot and I'm not sure if it will work. I am 6' tall and currently ride an XL Specialized Enduro. I feel a little stretched out on it and I want something more nimble. Will the L be too small, just right, or could I just pull it off with some different sized stems?

G

·
AZ Saint said:
I am looking at a L 5 Spot and I'm not sure if it will work. I am 6' tall and currently ride an XL Specialized Enduro. I feel a little stretched out on it and I want something more nimble. Will the L be too small, just right, or could I just pull it off with some different sized stems?
unless you have freakishly long legs and short body or vice versa, then it should be perfect. TT I think is 23.5. I am 6' 1" and I fit like a glove on my L Spot.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
spotlust said:
unless you have freakishly long legs and short body or vice versa, then it should be perfect. TT I think is 23.5. I am 6' 1" and I fit like a glove on my L Spot.
The top tube length on the large Spot it is actually 23.9" I'm not sure how that compares to your XL Enduro, but at 6' you should fit the large "spot" on. Turner's recommended range for a large Spot is 5'11" to 6' 2". I'm also 6' and ride a large, and wouldn't dream of riding a size up or down.

I made the mistake of comparing top tube lengths to my previous rides for my first Turner. I'd always ridden 18" frames w/ ~23" top tubes, so I bought a medium only to discover that I had been riding an undersized bike all along. The moral of the story is that unless you've tried different sizes and have settled on a particular top tube length, you may be better off going by the manufacturer's recomendations than what you are used to. Odds are they have a lot more experience in fit than you do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.