Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Transport 2 rack(w/ratcheting arms) will work with 29" wheels/tires?

I have used the older model that has the bungie sprung arms. It requires tire deflation to get the arm all the way over the wheel.

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Fits perfect

brewdog said:
Anyone know if the Transport 2 rack(w/ratcheting arms) will work with 29" wheels/tires?

I have used the older model that has the bungie sprung arms. It requires tire deflation to get the arm all the way over the wheel.
I got mine a few weeks ago. The new design works great :)

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Hooks

brewdog said:
Will the hooks of the T1 open up enough to fit all the way over a meaty 29" wheel w/o having to deflate the tire?
No. However you can get longer arms for the T1 (T2 arms) I have an extra pair. The tire does not fit down all of the way inside the hoop but it works.

·
Just Ride!
1,281 Posts
I have type 1 or the spring loaded cane style that I use for hauling my 29er. I did make a few modifications to make it more friendly. I removed the foam rubber sleeve and this allows the cane to come up and over the tire without interferance. I also installed a bar end to give something to pull up with.

Attachments

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Custom!

kustomz said:
I have type 1 or the spring loaded cane style that I use for hauling my 29er. I did make a few modifications to make it more friendly. I removed the foam rubber sleeve and this allows the cane to come up and over the tire without interferance. I also installed a bar end to give something to pull up with.
Looks good :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.