Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Woo I like the sound of this. The geometry looks to be a bit like the kona kula.

If that azonic frame I just grabbed disappoints me, this will def be on my short list.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
well...

could, would, should....

Scott Team Issue 2001: size M, 1048g (2,3 lbs)
Worldcup proven performer. still the lightest aluminium frame i know of.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
nino said:
could, would, should....

Scott Team Issue 2001: size M, 1048g (2,3 lbs)
Worldcup proven performer. still the lightest aluminium frame i know of.
but the Darkside can fit 650B:rolleyes:

Nino, the Spooky owner said this..... in that link you obviously didnt follow......

"It's really not that light actually, if I wanted to make a one season bike I could get the weight down to 2 and quarter or so pounds, and it would still be stronger than something like a Scale"......... He responded to your statment 12hours before you made it. kinda funny.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Hand/of/Midas said:
but the Darkside can fit 650B:rolleyes:

Nino, the Spooky owner said this..... in that link you obviously didnt follow......

"It's really not that light actually, if I wanted to make a one season bike I could get the weight down to 2 and quarter or so pounds, and it would still be stronger than something like a Scale"......... He responded to your statment 12hours before you made it. kinda funny.
no my dear: "could,would,should..."

...that's what he wrote;)

People that throw out such statements are cheap!
Simple: Make it , sell it in masses and have Pro's winning worldcups on it then we CAN discuss any further.

Not could:D

we have aluminium bikes for decades now and none has come close to the Scott. The Rocky Element is about the closest competitor and another great frame. For me that's just some hot air evaporated by a nobody.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
nino said:
People that throw out such statements are cheap!
Simple: Make it , sell it in masses and have Pro's winning worldcups on it then we CAN discuss any further.
No, arrogant internet blowhards who diss professionals on forums are cheap.

Market for paperweight frames is slim to none, and nobody cares about it - or about your opinion.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Nice looking Spooky. I'd much rather be on that than the Scott. Sure, not as light, but:

domestic made (at least for us in the states)
cheaper
disc specific
better geometry (a personal taste)
not nearly as fugly as the Scott
IMO, it's also likely to be a more durable frame

It's not always about racing, and some/a lot of people don't give a rats ass about what the pros are riding/winning.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
scrublover said:
not nearly as fugly as the Scott
IMO, it's also likely to be a more durable frame
But... but.. they do not have any headquarters in Switzerland and nino is not selling or riding them them. They can not possibly be any good whatsoever for any purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts