Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, how can I get Jamis as a sponsor for our local race series? We have 7 races this year at 5 different courses throughout Illinois. And I am on a 24 hour team in Wisconsin this year as well.

Come on, someone from Jamis fill me in on how to get this done!

Besides, I would proudly wear a Jamis jersey to everyone of these events....If I could even find one. I don't see too many of them and would like to get my hands on one.

Note...I am a proud owner of a 04 Jamis Dakar XC Comp, Mavic Crossmax wheels, IRC Serac tubeless tires, Original XT shifters and components, Fox F100RLT race fork, Avid mechanicals, Thomson seat post, Velo race saddle, Original Fox rear shock and a Race Face Dues crankset, with Shimano spd-929 pedals.

Jamis Rocks!!!!!!!

·
I need a new name
906 Posts
One thing to think of when asking for sponsorship is what do you want out of your relationship with the company. Are you looking to be on the payroll? Not too likely to happen. Are you looking for discounts on Jamis products? There is a possibility it could happen. Most companies with a racer support program take resumes in the fall of the year for the following racing season, ie send in your resume for the 2006 season in fall of 2005. In that resume you have to tell them what you can do for their company, how much racing experience you have, your race results for past races, and your plans for future races. If you do get sponsored they like for regular reports of how your training and racing are going. I don't have any sponsors in cycling but I had several in motorcycle racing. It is a time consuming relationship, one that I likely will not persue in cycling. I would rather become a loyal customer at a LBS, get to know the staff, and once they see you're an avid cyclist, some discounts may start coming your way. Also it doesn't hurt if you let your friends know about the shop you enjoy dealing with and they mention that you sent them there.

·
KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Hank I appreciate your help and knowledge with sponsorship and much thanks to you as well Chad, I will check out the Jamis page for the forms you mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts