Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spokex is officially announcing the SX310 at Sea Otter this weekend, and I had a chance to put them to task for a full week at Snowshoe Bike Park. You can hear all of my thoughts in the review linked below. I can definitely say that I will be putting these on my next build.

Spokex SX310 Review

Wheel Tire Hand Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Just ordered a set last night. I’ll post pics etc when I get them. Steal of a price for i9 hubs and carbon rims with no question warranty.
Uh huh. Still don't see anything on them other then the YouTube clickbait . Nothing on the website (at least not easily accessible). Am genuinely interested in what it's about, but lack of info makes the wheelsets from overseas way more appealing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You literally click menu, custom wheel set, sx310 and build lol. Literally that easy. 🤦‍♂️

And the YouTube video is not click bait, that’s being an ass to call it that. It’s very informative, well edited review of these wheels.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,050 Posts
Who?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,050 Posts
Are the rims for sure made overseas? They build wheels with carbon rims from all the domestic makes
I would default believe a cheaper CF wheel/rim is from overseas, otherwise would require extraordinary proof IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually called them yesterday and they were super informative on the phone and provided me with all the specs including rim profile. They're in the process of getting their website updated but they sound like a pretty small gig.

They also told me a bunch of review sets are out with people like the loam wolf so reviews should be coming out soon. Being small and new, I'm pretty sure they're using a catalog wheel but they did talk about the prototyping process so who knows.

Based on my impression of their customer service over the phone, I bit and decided to roll the dice and order a set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can get some pictures up later when I get home.

Hydra 286g + 137g = 423g
Rims 476g + 476g = 952g
Sapim race spokes : 6g * 56 = 336g
Polyax brass nipples: 1g * 56 = 56g
Total weight without valves = 1767g

That's what the total wheelset should weigh. When I weighed them on my scale, I got 1045g for the rear and 925g for the front.

So if I take 1045g and subtract all the parts, I get an actual rim weight of 535g. I also didn't take into account of rim tape but I don't think tape b weighs that much.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
I just got my set of wheels. These came out pretty heavy. 1045g rear and 925g front totaling 1970g.
That is more than my Race Face Arc 30s laced to Hadleys for a lot less money.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can get some pictures up later when I get home.

Hydra 286g + 137g = 423g
Rims 476g + 476g = 952g
Sapim race spokes : 6g * 56 = 336g
Polyax brass nipples: 1g * 56 = 56g
Total weight without valves = 1767g

That's what the total wheelset should weigh. When I weighed them on my scale, I got 1045g for the rear and 925g for the front.

So if I take 1045g and subtract all the parts, I get an actual rim weight of 535g. I also didn't take into account of rim tape but I don't think tape b weighs that much.
Aren’t they 32 hole though? Your math is calculated for 28 hole

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.