Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to trueing my reynolds mtn reynolds carbon wheels.

I was told that the tension should be
900-1150n

Should the tension be the same on driveside as on non driveside?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You may want to hold and do some more research on truing and tensioning. The question you ask makes me think you are in over your head at this point and it'd be better if you ask or seek help from others with experience.

$$ wheels to be fuddling with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am so tired of this wheelset, haven't even driven 200km and they have been in the shop more than 3 times, broken spokes and nipples and they where always untrue and not to talk about the rear hub.

I think they are a disaster and i would recommend anybody to bye them.

Therefore i will try to truing them myself and if i ruin them, i would say **** happens.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
I am so tired of this wheelset, haven't even driven 200km and they have been in the shop more than 3 times, broken spokes and nipples and they where always untrue and not to talk about the rear hub.

I think they are a disaster and i would recommend anybody to bye them.

Therefore i will try to truing them myself and if i ruin them, i would say **** happens.
Hmmmm......I put on 500 miles on a set on the SS in about 3.5 weeks and had no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am about to trueing my reynolds mtn reynolds carbon wheels.

I was told that the tension should be
900-1150n

Should the tension be the same on driveside as on non driveside?
No, tensions aren't equal. Should lower on the non drive side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
If they came that way, something is not right. With the amount of money you paid, those things should hold up gobs better. I still haven't touched a pair of new wheels I built for myself months ago, and don't plan on it anytime soon. It makes me think that whoever built them up did a poor job.

As far as tension goes, non-drive side should be abut 65%ish of the drive side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts