Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a set of Hope pro 2's and should be getting another set of Stans Flows anyday now , i already have a set exactly the same that came from bikerbob about 9 months ago . They are awsome wheels therefore why im building another set .

I like the width of the flows and the way the tyre feels at low pressue with no roll , so thats why i didnt go arches , im 200lb with riding gear and do a few small drops and jumps mixed up with the XC and trail riding .

Now ..... im thinking of building these wheels myself ??? i have built many sets of 20" BMX over the years but have never attemped a 290mm spoke 29er wheel . Theres **** loads of info out there so a bit of patience should do the trick . Oh Ive got a tensionmeter on the way too .

So im tossing up over what spokes to put on the wheels , either Supercomps or Revos ? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Build 'em yourself

Well if you've built BMX wheels before, then you'll be right at home building a 29er wheel.
Yep, I think a tensiometer is a useful tool, especially if you don't build wheels every day.

Regarding spoke choice, SuperComps vs Revos got discussed in this thread.

Personally I'm happy with my DT SuperComps, on a wheelset similar to yours, and FWIW I'm a few kgs heavier than you, and riding similar XC stuff as you.

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hootsmon :thumbsup: i did a search in this forum , not the 29er ! Looks like i'll go the Supercomps rather than the revos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.