Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered ENVE AM RIM for my BLUR LTc to replace my current EASTON EC90 XC and so I'm considering a spoke to match the ENVE AM rim.

Do you guys have any suggestion? I have heard about Sapim Titanium spoke is it good spoke for AM? Will it be strong enough for an All-Mountain riding? My weight is 90Kg and I need a suggestion, all suggestion are welcome I need something light and very strong like ENVE rim.

Thank You

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a 26" rear Mavic that I had built-up several years ago with a Chris King hub and Sapim CX-Ray spokes. It was expensive (around $4.50 per spoke/nipple) but it is bomb-proof. I use if for All-Mountain and Northstar in Tahoe and the wheel has never gone out of true. The only time I had a problem was when I got a bad case of chain-suck, my derailleur hanger bent, and the whole mess went into the spokes and bent/broke about half of them.

They claim to be lighter and stronger than regular spokes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for a very nice information, all you guys are so nice :)

Now I would go for CX-RAY spoke without fear. I'll use HOPE PRO2 EVO 40T HUB

QR15MM front and 9x135MM Rear, can anyone suggest the length of the CX-Ray spoke I'll need? The rim is ENVE AM 26" as stated.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.