Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live Free & Ride
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get input on lacing up my first wheel set. I already have the rims, 26 in Arch and 27.5 Halo Vapour. The rear hub is a circus monkey HDW1 and the front is dt Swiss 350. I would like the end result to be a very stiff, light and durable wheel. I am willing to spend extra on the best spokes be it dt Swiss or Sapim. What are some of the best spokes, that are also build friendly? I am an agressive rider at 170 lbs riding in NE. :confused:

·
mtbpete
1,304 Posts
DT Competition or Sapim Race are excellent butted spokes that are easy to build with and last a long time. For an even longer lasting spoke choose the Sapim Force, which has 2.2mm elbows vs. 2.0 for the others. The elbows of the spoke receive the most fatigue.

·
Live Free & Ride
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DT Competition or Sapim Race are excellent butted spokes that are easy to build with and last a long time. For an even longer lasting spoke choose the Sapim Force, which has 2.2mm elbows vs. 2.0 for the others. The elbows of the spoke receive the most fatigue.
I do like the Sapim spokes. I am thinking maybe the Race for the front wheel and the Force for the rear...since it takes more a pounding than the front. Thanx!
Anyone have actual riding time on Sapim Force spokes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts