Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to Spokane for 4 days in November to check out Gonzaga and their ROTC unit with my son. I'm thinking about getting out to ride one day and would love to hear some advice on where we should ride (10-15 miles, don't necessarily want to work any harder than I have to :D ) and where we can rent somne quality bikes.

I'd be happy to hear everything else as well...where to eat, stay, go for day trips, etc...:thumbsup: Feel free to tell me the good and bad about Gonzaga as well...and why is Spokane good or bad for the college age kid? Thanks!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Tons of riding around but it will depend on weather by then. The soil here doesn't really allow for riding in mud cause it damages trail pretty bad but once its frozen or dry its pretty awesome. Why type of riding are you looking at doing? Fast XC, technical, downhill, free ride? Not sure about renting but most shops will let you demo a bike.

·
Haphazard Adventurer
18 Posts
you would probably like the Bowl and Pitcher area. Plenty of trails to choose from. I haven't found anything too outrageous there yet. Mostly pretty tame. Beacon Hill has more DH and technical stuff in my opinion. I honestly haven't explored either very well. As for Spokane, I recently graduated from Eastern Washington University and I have had a great time here in Spokane. Im moving to seattle soon but Im going to miss this city. Good people, good bike shops, good food, good beer.
Hope you have fun! and good luck to your son.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you would probably like the Bowl and Pitcher area. Plenty of trails to choose from. I haven't found anything too outrageous there yet. Mostly pretty tame. Beacon Hill has more DH and technical stuff in my opinion. I honestly haven't explored either very well. As for Spokane, I recently graduated from Eastern Washington University and I have had a great time here in Spokane. Im moving to seattle soon but Im going to miss this city. Good people, good bike shops, good food, good beer.
Hope you have fun! and good luck to your son.
This. If you're looking for some fun XC trails I usually ride trail 25 in the bowl and pitcher area (I call it the falls area since it's right behind spokane falls community college) The ride I usually take will incorporate a couple steep (but short) climbs, rock gardens, and a touch of technical riding. The ride usually lasts for 2 hours but my quickest so far is 1hr 45min. I'm sure since this is state wide you probably already know about the discover pass? It's required at every trail head I've seen at the falls. $10 daily pass or $30 for yearly or take your chances with a $100 ticket.

If you are interested in the trail I described or want any other info get in touch. I browse the forum daily. BTW beacon hill has another side where it's not all jumps, it's a really good steep climb and there are a couple different ways down that are challenging but nothing crazy.

Have fun. Stay safe and warm :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where to park at Riverside

There are a couple parking places which I believe are outside of park jurisdiction near Seven Mile Road:
N Riverside State Park Dr and wilber st, spokane, wa - Google Maps

You can park on Wilber Street, East of the regular parking lot. You can also park in the small lot at the intersection of Seven Mile Road and Riverside State Park Drive, on the Southwest corner.

Of course if you have the Discover Pass, you can park anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.