Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded up the bikes and got outta town while it was still cold this morning. Rolled into the trailhead ~two hours later, with warmer-then-we-expected temps, blue sky, a nearly empty parking lot, and dry, tacky trails.

There was unmistakable evidence that winter is still around: packed sand in the washes, shreds of snow left in the shade, and ice skim on the puddles in the rock.

But none of that mattered as much as letting our hair down and remembering what it was like to ride dry, packed dirt, sand, and sticky rock:

Sweetious.

Nothin' like two months of ice/snow to remind you of what you take for granted the rest of the year.

Without further ado...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
lidarman said:
I certainly don't remember those spots on the main trail.
Me neither. But I've only ridden Sovereign once, so I'm sure there's a whole lot of stuff I missed.

Nice photos!

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Yeah, you got some 'splainin' to do!

I, too, was puzzled at that vast expanse of slickrock (unless it was at the end down that long downhill, up to the right, which is a fun area to explore). You guys in GJ get hit with winter but it's just not fair that you can just head west for a coupla hours and be riding on Sovereign. Me in Denver, it's another 3 1/2 hrs to GJ then on west. But, that's what I plan to do come mid-March. For now, it's keeping my fingers crossed that our next weekly snowstorm won't be too deep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.