Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
We tried boarding Tiger (main logging road) earlier today. A buddy had left his car near the summit, so I figured I would try to get some turns in while helping him out. There is a good amount of snow, but any hard turn would cut right down to the gravel/dirt. Still fun though and it's a reason why I have an old "rock" board.

Flowtron would be a fun one to try. I didn't even think of it, but I'l have to keep it in mind for next time we get snow down low again (probably next winter).

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I rode the Parasite/Silkworm/Tapeworm last night. Night riding in the snow is a lot of fun! I saw a few tracks on the Tapeworm, so it looks I'm not the only person who likes to ride in the snow.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
One set was me.

I didn't expect to find that much snow. So if you were wondering why one set of tracks showed such poor bike handling, it's because a lot of the time I was trying to clip back in, and snow and ice had packed my cleats and pedals. D'oh!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I did manage to fall off the log ride on the tapeworm and I landed on the rootball, so I know all about "poor handling"! It was still fun though.

·
habitual line-stepper
443 Posts
from yesterday at BD. 2-3" most everywhere with some spots deeper than others. only saw one other set of fresh treads cutting from exodus over to deliverance, otherwise i had the trails to myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.