Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Spitfire 2014 frame in stunning blue with the X-Fusion O2 RCX rear shock. :thumbsup:

I've noticed that the shock is mounted in reverse, meaning the air canister towards the rear triangle with compression and rebound knobs facing upwards.

In every other photo i came across the internet, all shocks (mostly fox ctd) are mounted "normally" with air canister towards the front of the bike.

Does anyone knows if there is a reason for the specific orientation that affects the shock and suspension function?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
For style points. Also to put the controls on top instead of the bottom.

You can change it around, it makes no difference in terms of performance.

Nice bike BTW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Colin+M!
That's good to know, although i think i'm gonna flip it (for style reasons too) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i've spent only a month or so on it, but i can confirm Keith's post. The performance is great so far and most important is on par with frame's capability. I also use x-fusion sweep at front and the combination is sweet.
The shock feels really plush when fully open and uses all of it's stroke at about 30% sag being quite supportive at the same time. You can also play with the other two compression settings if you want a more firm and poppy feel.
Nice shock that WORKS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'm building up a banshee spitfire V2 right now and I'm overwhelmed by the rear shock options, seems like the O2 is good bang for the buck. Other options are CCDB air (no climb switch - which has me hesitant as I do a fair amount of climbing) or a Fox CTD. Anybody have any comments on what they feel works best with the geometry of the spitfire?

Keith have you had a chance to ride the DB inline yet?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I have indeed ridden the inline, and it is a great shock... feels very similar to the DBair but with slightly different CS feel... (bit more significant).

I personally would grab an O2 RCX now or wait for the inline. I feel that they are both great for their price point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am assuming that the base settings for the CCDB air will be the same for the Inline?? I am very close to putting in a preorder for one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like a good time to bump this thread and ask how everyone liked their season on the X-Fusion? I just bought a 2014 Rune with the 02 RCX and wondering if anyone can give me set up tips/advice for tuning once it gets here.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts