Rear wheel weight without skewers or rim tape = 920 grams
Total = 1724 grams. Advertised weight = 1610 grams
Good thing it was on sale...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
flipnidaho said:
The XTR 11-32 cassette hit the flange. I had to use a SRAM 11-34 cassette instead
I heard Spinergy has the worst customer service in the industry, taking months to return warrantied hubs.

·
Registered
564 Posts
westin said:
I heard Spinergy has the worst customer service in the industry, taking months to return warrantied hubs.
It took me a year and half to get get one replacement spoke for a Spinergy Spox wheel and then when I finally got them I had to buy five to because they had a minimum amount of spokes you had to order.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid of that as I've worked on a few customer's Spox wheels

Cassette bodies weren't the best and replacements were hard to get, but I heard that recently, the CS at Spinergy has been very good. We'll see...
The wheel had it's first ride today. It rides lighter than the scale would indicate...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
flipnidaho said:
Cassette bodies weren't the best and replacements were hard to get, but I heard that recently, the CS at Spinergy has been very good. We'll see...
The wheel had it's first ride today. It rides lighter than the scale would indicate...
You're a dealer?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
The Xyclone discs are the lightest spinning wheels I've ever ridden, and I wish I didn't have to send my demo set back :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
flipnidaho said:
Front wheel weight without skewers or rim tape = 804 grams
Rear wheel weight without skewers or rim tape = 920 grams
Total = 1724 grams. Advertised weight = 1610 grams
Good thing it was on sale...
Hi
I am thinking of buying a set of xyclone wheels
Do you like yours ?
Are they strong ?
Did you have any problems with them ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Spinergy

Don't buy any product from Spinergy. I have three wheels sets two road one mtnbike. All are poorly made. Spinergy is a dreadful company to deal with. I have broken spokes and cassette bodies. Spinergy would not honor their warranty. The wheels now make a great gate to the compost pile.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
backup wheels

french man said:
Hi
I am thinking of buying a set of xyclone wheels
Do you like yours ?
Are they strong ?
Did you have any problems with them ?
They are my backup wheels and are currently on my SS (which, funny enough, I probably ride more than any of my other bikes). They have been strong and reliable. I've only had 1 issue with the rear hubs getting a little loose but it was fixed in about 10 seconds with 2- 6mm hex wrenches. The only downside is I can't use XTR (960) cassettes with them but otherwise, they've been great and smooth!

·
Registered
140 Posts
flipnidaho said:
They are my backup wheels and are currently on my SS (which, funny enough, I probably ride more than any of my other bikes). They have been strong and reliable. I've only had 1 issue with the rear hubs getting a little loose but it was fixed in about 10 seconds with 2- 6mm hex wrenches. The only downside is I can't use XTR (960) cassettes with them but otherwise, they've been great and smooth!
Thanks

If they are your baack up wheels what do you have for real wheels ?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, a couple of wheelsets actually...

french man said:
Thanks

If they are your baack up wheels what do you have for real wheels ?
XTR wheelset, Bontrager Race Lite, and custom built WTB/717's....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts