Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ride it like you stole it
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used the Spinergy Xyclone Disc wheelset for freeriding and if so what you think about it? I am not doing anything huge but some aggressive northshore style stuff and am getting more and more into some drops of 4 to 6 feet. I have the opportunity to get a sweet deal on these wheels but I want them to hold up to some abuse and give me the opportunity to progress my skills with them.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
No!

I do not think that is the way to go. I am shocked no one else has picked up on this yet. There will be other postings on this, I am sure.

Your skills are progressing? Get some Outlaws and be done with it. The Spinergy's may be ok, but why?

·
ride it like you stole it
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason that I am asking if they would be good/stiff enough for aggressive riding/light freeriding is because I can nab them for a really sweet deal. Plus they look pretty sweet with the white spokes. With the Xyclones aside, what does anyone think about the Fall Lines?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Fall lines should be stronger but forget the Xyclones, 150pounds XC racers find them noodly soft! I never have been impressed with Spinergy's quality and products but I have not seen/tried the Fall Lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.