Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long time lurker here, even if this is my first post. I have just bought a Magura Thor (20mm) fork to replace my Rockshox Revelation (QR) fork, now I have been running Spinergy Xyclone wheels '08 which I know can be converted from QR to 20mm and vice versa, my question is where can you get a 20mm cup for these wheels or a suitable substitute as my set bought new from ebay did not come with the 20mm cups as well, just prefitted with the QR cups, bearing in mind I am in the UK.

Thanks

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
qui said:
Does anyone know if any other manufacturers 20mm axle cap will fit? as I have found the UK distributer www.dhwagencies.com but rude and unhelpful in trying to track this down.
What happened with the distro?

If this is a problem you had, you should send an email over to Spinergy direct to make sure they are aware.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lost interest after phoning around some bike shops that sell something Spinergy (literally all over the country - UK) they are also supplied by this distro and told me the distro is quite unhelpful and that I should just go directly through Spinergy.

I probably should complain but to be honest Spinergy has such a small uptake in the UK; this may be the reason, or the previous issues Spinergy had with their rear hubs - completely eliminated as of '08s using Hadley internals, that I thought its not worth the bother.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious. Hoping you can help. I am in the middle of a bike build and hit a bit of a snag. I am trying to install a 26 spinergy xyclone disc on a rockshox boxxer dual crown fork with a 20mm qr axle. I will need some type is spacers to fit this wheel with this fork. You mentioned axle caps/ cups. Are we talking about same thing? I need some type of spacer that will go between the the hub and the inside of fork on either end.spinergy does not manufacture these as gar as I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.