Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a jamis dragon with square taper Raceface turbine's and want to put a Ti phil wood bb in the mix. What length spindle do I need to use with those cranks? I've looked around but haven't found any answers in old threads.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Mighty Drop Off said:
I'm building up a jamis dragon with square taper Raceface turbine's and want to put a Ti phil wood bb in the mix. What length spindle do I need to use with those cranks? I've looked around but haven't found any answers in old threads.
107-110
110 is the safe bet

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was using that config (Phil Ti BB & RF Turbines) on my old bike...

I tried to search for the RaceFace BB spindle info too, but couldn't find it. What I remember RaceFace recommending was 110mm if you use a RF BB (sq tpr) with the Turbines. But if you use another mfr (i.e. Shimano, Phil, etc), RF recommended 113mm. I used a 113 Phil Ti spindle without problems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have PW BB's on 3...

bikes, 2 MTB and a crosser. Two fot he three have RF Turbines and they recommended the 111mm size. I have an older set of Ritchey Logics on the SS and the same size spindle works just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.