Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so yesterday i took a spin class at the gym for the first time. first off ill say it was fun, but next i will say DAMN that is way harder than riding a real bike!!!!!! the lady instructing the class was a monster she just kept going full blast. she had us with the resistance turned all the way up for like 9 minutes, and up out of the saddle. i had a hard time keeping up. she never dropped the resistance down below 80 percent. at one point i did lower it a lil lower cuz i couldnt spin fast enough anymore to stay in sync with her my legs were rubber. has anyone else taken spin classes, and were they as hard as this? btw i will be going back next wednesday i am not gonna let her scare me away!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
i don't get these, just cycle round your streets for a bit, more fun i'd reckon, we'll unless the class is full of fit burds? i think we'll should be told the truth!! shirley the only explaination!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was fun just cuz it was a good workout i enjoy that its fun for me. oh and ya there was a few good looking broads there

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Everyone's perception of effort is a little different in a spin class. I bet most of the class was not working nearly as hard as you were. I only go when I have to get in a quick workout early in the morning, otherwise I hit the trails or the road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gatorback said:
Everyone's perception of effort is a little different in a spin class. I bet most of the class was not working nearly as hard as you were. I only go when I have to get in a quick workout early in the morning, otherwise I hit the trails or the road.
actually alot of the class left they did not spin the entire hour of the class

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
seosamh said:
i don't get these, just cycle round your streets for a bit, more fun i'd reckon, we'll unless the class is full of fit burds? i think we'll should be told the truth!! shirley the only explaination!
Am I the only one who couldn't understand this?!

·
himom!
684 Posts
pop_martian said:
Am I the only one who couldn't understand this?!
Let me translate: "I don't understand spin classes. I believe one should exercise on a bicycle, perhaps on the street. That'd be jolly fun. Unless of course, the spin class has attractive women present. I think that is why Mr. Full Circle is really attending spin class! This must be the only explanation!"

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
dmcgoy said:
Let me translate: "I don't understand spin classes. I believe one should exercise on a bicycle, perhaps on the street. That'd be jolly fun. Unless of course, the spin class has attractive women present. I think that is why Mr. Full Circle is really attending spin class! This must be the only explanation!"
Wow! I was way off! Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
dmcgoy said:
tally ho old chap! :D

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
xocomaox said:
Sounds like something that is not fun at all and only for people trying to lose weight or gain endurance.
a spin class with a GOOD instructor can be a lot of fun, and it's a great way to maintain or improve your base fitness level. Beats the heck out of sitting on your butt all winter, that's for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.