Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, give me some feedback. I'm sure I'll get an earful, but go ahead and give it to me, I asked for it.

What are your thoughts on how the spider compares to the etsx?

Me? 6'2", 200lbs, 40yo, XC/AllMountain.

Thanks for any and all. :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
HardTail610 said:
Hey guys, give me some feedback. I'm sure I'll get an earful, but go ahead and give it to me, I asked for it.

What are your thoughts on how the spider compares to the etsx?

Me? 6'2", 200lbs, 40yo, XC/AllMountain.

Thanks for any and all. :D
Had both, liked the spider much better. It was faster, more pedal efficient and seemed better balanced than the etsx.
Only thing etsx excelled was rear wheel traction under heavy power on technical climbes.
If your looking for XC / All Mountain , and dont care for racing that much check out the 5.5 .

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
PizzaMan said:
Had both, liked the spider much better. It was faster, more pedal efficient and seemed better balanced than the etsx.
Only thing etsx excelled was rear wheel traction under heavy power on technical climbes.
If your looking for XC / All Mountain , and dont care for racing that much check out the 5.5 .
Demoed both and agree with Pizzaman. Although I think the Spider is much better for those who like to race and train hard. The Etsx is nearly as efficient pedaling but the bike feels heavier, taller, and slower handling.

The ETSX has slightly better loose terrain traction both when hard pedaling and hard braking.

The ETSX is more trail bike enduro ride oriented; the Spider is very much sprint race oriented, and probably the best full suspension XC race bike made.

- ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.