Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very Nice!!!

Nice build and kit on that sucka...I hope you race it. I would've loved to race on that bike 8 years when I was cross-country racing.
It would've made some of the pain and torture a bit easier. Now I have a Socom and a 5.5 and racing is better...I just go straight friggin' down :thumbsup:
It must weigh like 4 pounds or so...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike is meant for the Transmexicana in February, thats our mexican version of the Transrockies jaja, it goes all the way from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 7 days so I had to have very light and efficient bike, i tought in my hardtail but I dont think my back could handle it. I havent weighted yet but it isnt that light because the frame was a lot heavier than the claimed weight (about 2.5 kilos ) but it should be around 11 kilos with the xtr wheels, anyway I loved it, not as fast as my HT but way more comfortable.

·
Ride Hard, Ride Fast!!!
139 Posts
jimborello said:
Hi, I just bought a Spider FRO frameset and I wanted it to post it in this forum but there are no threads so far, so I will start one.... Why dont you show us your Intense Spider FRO??
Love the Pearl White. My 5.5 is almost the same set-up. I cant wait to get my Spider FRO... (in raw though ;) )

·
Registered
301 Posts
HardCharger said:
Love the Pearl White. My 5.5 is almost the same set-up. I cant wait to get my Spider FRO... (in raw though ;) )
Hey HardCharger, post up some photos of your Spider FRO (Works) when it arrives buddy. Keep the Spider FRO's coming everyone they all look fantastic. Do a search on Mike Vines this guy also races the Spider for XTERRA, very impressive athlete.

·
|i|
352 Posts
I thought I'd revive this album from the dead - the Spider FRO seems to be a relatively unappreciated bike around here. Just bought it used in great condition - built up to a little over 23 pounds. It's ridiculously fast - the fastest bike I've ever ridden. Great suspension and handling. Best bike I've ever owned.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.