Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What front derailleur do you have on your Spider? Mine came with an XT, but after some shock maintenance, I noticed the rear triangle rubbed just a bit when in the little ring. I lowered it about and 1/8", but then the the chain guide rubbed the teeth on the big ring. I was able to move it up just a hair, but this seems awfully close, with respect to both the chain ring and the rear triangle. Let me know what you're running.

Matt

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,162 Posts
maleonardphi said:
What front derailleur do you have on your Spider? Mine came with an XT, but after some shock maintenance, I noticed the rear triangle rubbed just a bit when in the little ring. I lowered it about and 1/8", but then the the chain guide rubbed the teeth on the big ring. I was able to move it up just a hair, but this seems awfully close, with respect to both the chain ring and the rear triangle. Let me know what you're running.

Matt
I have an XTR and if it aligned just right there is no rubbing. However, it does not have to be misaligned too much to rub. Once setup, there is never really much need to tweak it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.