Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its Sea Otter time and we will be showcasing a few new frames & one of my faves that will see production soon the new Spider 29.Many of the improvements seen on the new Tracer 2 have been incorporated into the Spider 29 like the G1 drop out system , new shock link also a tapered head tube and a sleek new tubeset. Pictures are of medium size in works red& medium in new Rootbeer.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Awsome

I have the first Spider 29er and love it. Its perfect for the tight, technical, rocky trails that I ride. Sometimes I wish for a tad more. For the the T29 was more than just a tad and was not for me. But the new Spider seems to be that tad I was looking for. But we can only assume on the stiffness until we get some ride reports. Yea you can put a 142x12 on there but if you cant afford a new wheelset then your out of luck for a while.

I would like to know how the rear of this bike is stiffer when keeping it in 135 mode.

And why no BB30? That would of allowed for the use of a wider lower linkage which would stiffen things up.

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
I hear the frame weight is about the same as the Tracer 2 at about 8 pounds. No thanks.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Blaster1200 said:
I hear the frame weight is about the same as the Tracer 2 at about 8 pounds. No thanks.
A medium Tracer 29 is just under 8lbs. Why should the Spider 29 be the same weight? It appears to have a somewhat slimmer profile.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blaster1200 said:
Not sure where you heard this but I find it hard to believe. The tubeset, machining & detailing all look lighter on the Spider 29. Maybe Intense can chime in?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts