Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prototype "Spider 2" that will fit between the Spider FRO & Tracer vp in the line up, basically replaces the old Spider that was dropped.
4.5" to 5" adjustable travel @ somewhere around 5.5 to 5.75 lb frame weight.
2nd gen VPP & AC bearings w/ zerks same as on Tracer vp.
120 / 130mm fork range with 70 degree HA & 13" bb.
Intense sm, med ,large,XL sizing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
esquire said:
Thats Generation 2.

Lots of good additions and fixes going into this bike.
I believe the question was about the Spider FRO, not the Spider 2.

Ole.

·
Registered
255 Posts
there will be water bottle bosses

thats just a prototype to test full length cable housing as an option. I believe the next proto will have std xc routing and water btl bosses based on consumer feedback

·
Registered
1 Posts
hopefully the bottle bosses will be on the topside of the down tube under the shock; not too many people will use a bottle if it is on the underside

·
Registered
62 Posts
You have to correct the position of the shock.
I think the bike will look better when the shock is prallel to the toptube and the seat stays.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
that would hugely affect the compression curve, especially since it's travel adjust. Most likely it has to be that way even if it is a proto.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
woogie11 said:
that would hugely affect the compression curve, especially since it's travel adjust. Most likely it has to be that way even if it is a proto.
Yep. Looks like the shock is parallel when mounted in the higher position on the swing link.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Spider 2 will use our proprietory Spider Easton tube set as we are trying to keep the cost down on this frame. This has been one of our most reliable tube sets to date.
Double butted EA 6X .

1 - 20 of 79 Posts