Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Global Biorhythm events Tahoe Sierra 50 &100 is giving away great age group prize money to all age groups. 19-29,30-39,40-49,50-59 with $400 1st palce pay out to all male and female racers. There will be big 3" gold and silver metals this year to all racers. Under 9hrs Gold and over the 9 hr mark will be silver. BBQ and free beer from Santa Cruz Ale Works at the end of the event.
Last years best Ultra endurance racers from all over North American made there way to this great event.
This years event has a new start and finish area. Soda Springs mountain resort in the heart of ski country. Lodgeing, Motels, camping and food are all within a short distance drive with Serene lakes or drive to Truckee from the start of the event.
We have been mapping the new course and should have it placed on the web in the next few weeks. This course will be a bit harder than last years course.
Due to allot of winter snow and with Western States 100 ultra endurance run over with and the trails cleared so we can make some headway. Due to the remoteness and inaccessibility of Tahoe Sierra 100 it takes a bit of time to GPS the new course and remove anything that may cause harm to the racers.
We will be using the new timing chip system that we used at the Boggs 24 hr race. 100% read rate at Boggs with the system. We will also record aid stations spilts time and will try to have a live web cast of the race.
We will be using Ham operators at all aid stations along with EMT's on ATV's threw out the course. It will take will over 300 volunteers this year for this one of kind event.
So please come and join us all for the race of life time and race with the best pro's and age group ultra endurance racers in the country at the Tahoe Sierra 50 & 100 NUE100 series event on Sept 12th.
Go to www.globalbiorhythmevents.com for more information.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I'd be there if the Tahoe, 12-hrs of Snowmass, and Vapor Trail 125 folks (and not to mention the Double Boundary folks) would all cooperate in September and have separate weekends.

Please one of you flinch and move to a new weekend. I live for these kinds of races...just not all in the same weekend.

Wish I could be there...

·
Registered
42 Posts
last years desolation (radio silence) starting location was pretty cool...added to the whole deal. but i'm sure the ease of access will help in attendance a bit this year.

can we expect some of the same course as last year? or is it all new stuff?

looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Some new some of the same

that's what I've heard in conversations with Jimmy.

Dirt part of Soda Springs starts immediately on the other side of the lodge in the pic.

As an fyi, the lodge name is Ice Lakes Lodge very cozy lil place but limited room availability so if you're interested....I'd contact them ASAP.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some great new stuff to the Tahoe Sierra course.

We went out this last weekend on some of the new parts of the Tahoe-Sierra 100 course. Some great new stuff. Very fast single track section about 6 miles. Went over to the redstar ridge area which is about 6-7 miles with some great veiws but needs alittle TLC.
I here they will be there soon clearing the rock away for the race.
We didn't see one person all day long. Just allot of great veiws over looking french Meadows.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The new single track is great.

After riding some of the new single track that was added to this years Tahoe-Sierra 100 I would say that its much better than last years course. There are some great downhill areas that you will need to be on top of it.
There is more climbing and allot less fire road.Fast times to be around 8 -8:30.Race entry only at $125.00 is by far the best deal on the west coast.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts